Ok ladies, I know you can relate. Adoption is hard financially and emotionally. One day you think you are picked for a situation and you have a baby coming in a few weeks and the next minute everything changes and you feel like you are back to square one. I'm reminded of all these feeling that our clients go through since we're "back on the saddle" again ourselves. To be honest, I forgot how emotional this process was over the last few years. The nerves, the uncertainty, the hope, the love you have for a baby that you have never met and is only in your heart, not your tummy. YES adoption is all those things and much more! I tell my couples all the time that you labor for your child whether you give birth or not! :)
So I'm reading "Managing Your Emotions" by Joyce Meyer. Boy, did I need this book!! I recommend it to all you adoptive mothers out there too. It's not an adoption book at all but you can use it at any time and any point in your life :)
God's teaching me emotional stability, forgiveness and maturity in the Lord. All of which I need :)
Really good stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment